National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is for students studying in Class X, meant to identify and nurture talent. Any student who has scored 60% (General category) or 55% (reserved category) in class IX, is eligible to appear for NTSE. The examination is conducted every year at two levels – Stage I (State Level) and Stage II (National Level). Students who qualify Stage I will be eligible to appear for Stage II.
About one thousand scholarships are awarded for different stages of education as follows:
- Scholarship of Rs. 1250/- per month for Class XI to XII
- Scholarship of Rs. 2000/- per month for undergraduates and post-graduates.
- Amount of scholarship for PhD be fixed in accordance with the UGC norms
The examination consists of 3 tests (both stages):
- Mental Ability Test – 50 Questions – 45 Minutes
- Language Test (Hindi/English) – 50 Questions – 45 Minutes
- Scholastic Aptitude Test – 100 Questions – 90 Minutes
At Tejaswi Classes, we offer a comprehensive 70-hour classroom preparatory course for NTSE Stage – I. It includes the complete coverage of all 3 papers with following teaching methodology:
- Paper-I: Complete teaching of all concepts through worksheets including all possible topics. – 24 Hours
- Paper-II: Worksheet driven classes only; emphasis on qualifying this section. Offered for English language only. – 12 Hours
- Paper-III: Revision of concepts through worksheets only. – 24 Hours
Duration: 20 weeks, 3 hrs / week during Jun-Nov